Mango Kesari/Mango Sheera
Continuing with my mango mania series one more mango dish added in my bag , "Mango kesari " ...nothing very fancy about this dish just normal Kesari or sheera with Mango pulp and saffron added to it,which gives kesari a golden hue and a very good taste compared to plain sheera.
- 1 Cup Semolina/Suji
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Mango pulp (fresh/can)
- 2 Cups water
- 1/4 Cup Ghee/clarified butter
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamon powder
- 1/4 Cup chopped nuts as cashews,almonds and raisins
- Few saffron strands
- Heat 2 Tbsp ghee in a pan ,fry the chopped nuts and then raisins one at a time for 1min in low flame.Remove and keep aside.
- On the same pan roast the semolina till it turns golden brown with aroma.
- Meanwhile make syrup by adding water and sugar in another pan till sugar gets dissolved.
- Add this syrup to the roasted semolina and keep stirring.
- Next add the mango pulp and stir it for 1 minute till the pulp gets mixed thoroughly.
- Finally add the cardamom powder ,fried nuts ,raisins, and saffron(infused in warm milk or water).
- Add the remaining ghee and keep stirring till it gets mixed .Switch off the flame and cover t for some time.
- Serve hot.
- Fresh mango pulp or canned pulp can be used.if using canned pulp adjust the sugar accordingly as sugar is already added.
- Always infuse saffron in warm milk or water before adding it to any dish .
- Water can be substituted with milk .